- Category: Uncategorised
- Published on Thursday, 29 August 2013 06:15
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 7166
Rev. Wayne C. Thompson, M.Min.
Minister of Service Ministries
The Mount Zion service ministries consist of the following ministries:
- Cancer Awareness Ministry
- Greeters Ministry
- Hospitality Ministry
- Safety and Security Ministry
- Transportation Ministry
- Usher Ministry
- Veterans Ministry
Cancer Awareness Ministry
Rev. Allyson D. Beasley-Brown, Director
Safety and Security Ministry
Brother Vaughn Lately, Director
Brother Robert Smalls, Assistant Director
“For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.” II Timothy 1:7 (NASB)
Our goal is to ensure the safety of the Senior Pastor, the church leadership teams, and the members and guests of the Mount Zion Baptist Church. We ensure that the worship services at Mount Zion will be safe and secure by being a deterrent to criminal activity and/or disruption of worship service. We provide a structured organized parking system, ensuring adequate parking for our members and guests, while at the same time respecting the immediate neighbors of the church. Insure safe movement of all monetary transactions within the church building.
Sister E. Yvette Queen, Director
Sister Ruby Smalls, Assistant Director
“For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.” Psalm 84:10 (KJV)
Our mission is to partner with the Pastor ensuring that all worshippers are welcomed and prepared for a spiritual experience, and to ensure that perfect order is kept in and around the Church during worship services.
Brother Gerald Bowen, Director
The purpose of the Disciples Offering Veterans Support (DOVS) ministry is to increase fellowship within Mount Zion Baptist Church within the context of military culture and service; and to encourage community involvement while supporting the needs of veterans and their families.
The mission of the DOVS ministry is three fold:
- To encourage fellowship among the members of Mount Zion who are veterans and members who have an interest in military culture in order to celebrate military service within our congregation;
- To provide information about various programs and events that are available to veterans and their families; and
- To engage in community outreach by volunteering to work with all veterans including homeless veterans, wounded warriors, and veterans seeking employment.