- Category: Uncategorised
- Published on Thursday, 05 September 2013 15:05
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 22957
Christian Life Academy (formerly called the Institute of Christian Education)
Training Disciples to Impact the World
Dr. Leonard N. Smith, Chancellor
Rev. Cheryl C. Henderson, Dean
Sister E. Yvette Queen, Registrar
The Mount Zion Christian Life Academy (CLA) is a certificate program granting institution with high academic standards.
To educate each student within a nurturing atmosphere so they receive both high quality course work and structured discipleship training which empowers them to maximize their spiritual growth and equips them for service that positively impacts the Kingdom of God.
In March 2003, the Senior Minister of the Mount Zion Baptist Church, Dr. Leonard N. Smith, shared his vision for a new system of religiously educating the membership of the Church. It was at that time that he presented that vision in the form of an initiative to develop and implement the Mount Zion Institute of Christian Education.
In December 2012, however, Dr. Smith was inspired to rename the Mount Zion Institute of Christian Education to the Mount Zion Christian Life Academy. The Christian Life Academy continues to optimize the religious education opportunities for the members with the mission and responsibility of “Training of Disciples to Impact the World.”
The Christian Life Academy held its first classes on March 19, 2013, and the vision and dream of Dr. Smith continues as students grow spiritually and serve in God’s Kingdom.
Christian Life Academy admits students of any race, color, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Institute. Christian Life Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other school-administered programs.
Mount Zion Christian Life Academy offers the following certificate programs:
- The Discipleship Certificate provides students with a foundational understanding and knowledge of their Christian faith and Denomination. It also provides them with a spiritual foundation for growing in grace and knowledge of their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- The Biblical Studies Certificate provides students with a deeper scriptural and theological understanding of the Old and New Testaments.
- The Christian Education Certificate is a ministry educational program for adult leaders in the teaching ministries for children, youth and adults.
- The Ministry Leadership Certificate is a ministry educational program for adult leaders currently in church leadership or desiring to be appointed to a leadership position. It equips individuals to effectively use their gifts and talents in leading and serving others in ministry.
2015 Fall Quarter
October 5, 2015...................Quarter Begins
December 9, 2015................Quarter Ends
2016 Winter Quarter
January 11, 2016..................Quarter Begins
March 9, 2016......................Quarter Ends
2016 Spring Quarter
March 28, 2016....................Quarter Begins
March 21-25, 2016...............Holy Week
May 25, 2016.......................Quarter Ends
2016 Summer Quarter
2016 Fall Quarter
September 26, 2016………….Quarter Begins
November 30, 2016…………..Quarter Ends
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR SPRING CLASSES!!!
CLA Fall classes will be held January 11 to March 9, 2016 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm.
Students can register for classes on Sundays, January 3 and 10, 2016 immediately following both worship services.
Contact the Discipleship Ministry at email@example.com